Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What happens if you put false information on a childs birth certificate?

He or she will have wrong information on their birth certificate which will affect things like their ability to vote, drive and drink. It may also be an offence if it is deliberate. It would be best to clear up the record now.What happens if you put false information on a childs birth certificate?
Funny you ask this. Nothing happens. My father, when I was born, accidentally told the hospital that my mother's name was ';Mom.'; That was back in 1984. I think nowadays they are more strict with showing ID in most places, but I'm sure in smaller less restrictive towns it is still possible to make such mistakes.





Nonetheless, it has been a pain to get it fixed to my mother's real name so I can get my passport and travel abroad. I would not recommend putting fake info on your child's birth certificate because it will be a pain to have to go to court to fix it later on.What happens if you put false information on a childs birth certificate?
prision time ?

No comments:

Post a Comment