Friday, February 12, 2010

How many times have you heard false information about your religion here on Yahoo Answers?

There are so many people who think they know everything about everybody else's religion. Don't you feel like telling them to study before they answer?How many times have you heard false information about your religion here on Yahoo Answers?
All the time! Sometimes its so frustrating that I want to tell them off....but I control myself :)How many times have you heard false information about your religion here on Yahoo Answers?
People twist things to suit their arguments, regardless of fact, though in some cases its the blind leading the blind as some fickle followers just nod their heads like mindless zombies and go with the flow of the mo!!
Well, I'm new to the web and new to Y/A..so how many times have I heard false info about my religion and others? About 500 times in the past week or two. It's also amazing that the degenerates and nay-sayers very often refer to this site as theirs. It will only become 'theirs' if all reason and rational cease to exist. Freedom of Speech, YES. Yelling fire in a crowded theater, stupid, unlawful, careless, reckless, and dangerous.
literally, all the time. its so annoying. i'm jewish, and the common perception of people who don't know anything about judaism is that judaism is just ';christianity without jesus.'; they are always barking at us because of original sin, hell, priests, religious intolerance, preaching and missionizing, etc, when in truth these were all ideas invented by christianity and ideas which judaism rejects and abhors.





sorry for the rant.
none. (im buddhist) my religion doesn't really have things to be argued over, it hink. so far i haven't seen anybody disagree on any content of buddhism, except those who who just try to convince others to believe in god as they do
Stick with spirituality. Religion is just a reason to control you, take your money, and give you a reason to fight. Maybe someone else's definition of what you call ';your'; religion is different than yours. See what I mean, you probably want to fight now.





all-righty-then. =)


....so many questions either sound like attacks or rants that I can't help the sarcasm sometimes. No offense to serious questions.
i agree mate, there is no point in answering if you have no idea,
About a million times. Of course, one third of them are from Dr Zoom Zoom. Does the same person count as one time or many?
I may have a college education..... but im sorry i cant count that high.... the number of false statements about Christ and the Bible and the doctrines that people ';assume or believe'; are being taught is unbelievable.





As for studying before they ask yes I believe thats a wonderful idea.... but when I do answer some of the statements made I always provide a scriptural reference or paste the scripture itself in the text so that they can see it for themselves and possibly be motivated to see what else Gods word has to say.
i stopped Counting.......Damn....there is So Much.........
Bush always wants Islam follow his preech.


And people of US know Islam from Bush speech.


And they clapped hand in smile while thousand people died in Iraq, Afghan and Palestine.
Several times a day. I think people make up more lies about Islam and misrepresent it, than any other religion discussed on this website. That's why I feel it's important for the real Muslims to be vocal about the truth about Islam and be consistent in the presentation of their understanding of the faith.
A few times, but not as often as some might expect. I generally find misinformation is disseminated most by religious leaders to their followers, more so there than what I have seen here. Here it seems to be misperceptions or just slight misunderstandings that occasional appear and many times there are enough other Hindus that visit the site to clear up those misunderstandings and misperceptions. Occasionally, though, it is misinformation that was disseminated to the person that finds its place here on this site and in those few instances thankfully there are Hindus on this site who are patient enough to correct the misinformation and explain it as best they can. I, too, try my best when I come across it.
innumerable
I have literally seen thousands of misrepresentations of Christianity on here, from believers and non believers alike.





Yes I wish people would educate themselves about that which they speak before hand.
EVERYDAY HUNNY. I JUST TRY TO IGNORE IT.
Not only get an education before they answer but also before they ask dumb questions in an attempt to criticize
a lot
Yes, I urge everyone to study about RA, the sun god.





He will cast all unbelievers into the TOMB of 10,000 Snakes!


Just accept him now! Why run the risk?
I have observed many misconceptions regarding many religions, most of which are self-serving to the ones presenting them.
Often.
YES! Wiccan.... : )
No, I never ask a bunch of dummies to comment on my Baptist faith.
But see, if they really spent time studying and were interested in actual insight, they prolly wouldn't come around here. I just come around for the fun.
approx 50/50 for me. however i bear in mind of my imprefect mind, i told the story as honest %26amp; truthful to best of my knowledge as i can.
I am an optimist here (maybe by level 6 that will change)





I hope people can discern the difference between truth and false info, and 1 % of the info sinks in to help others gain knowledge





then again, people don't even know about the spell check button ---- oh no, I'm becoming a pessimist
Many, many, many... and not only about my own religion... and I have been coming here less than a week. It's disturbing that we have access to so much knowledge and choose not to seek it.
Well, yes and no. Nobody knows everything. We all think we know enough about something to make a statement or have an opinion. I have to hope we learn from things people say, and they learn from our responses.


But I do not like anyone who judges a whole group because they are one religion or race. BUt we are all guilt of judging. We are human.

No comments:

Post a Comment