Friday, February 12, 2010

Can you sue a doctor for giving you false medical information;failing to mention cancer causing cells?

I had a medical procedure done to test the severity of my cervical dysplasia. My former doctor told me that I only had mild dysplasia and I don't need to worry. I recently switched doctors and she noticed on my test results that I have CIN III which is severe dysplasia and is one step lower than cancer cells. Is there anything I can do to this previous doctor?Can you sue a doctor for giving you false medical information;failing to mention cancer causing cells?
If you want to pay an attorney and the attorney can convince a jury that the doctor was negligent and that the doc's negligence caused you harm, then you have a potential lawsuit on your hands.





Some things to consider: How do you know that the present doctor is correct and the previous was wrong; and how do you know that your condition has not worsened since the visit to the previous doctor? If you don't have solid answers to these questions, its unlikely you would win a suit against your former doctor. Can you sue a doctor for giving you false medical information;failing to mention cancer causing cells?
medical knowledge is happening so fast that many of the doctors


simply cannot keep up. to some extent, dysplasia is a judgement


call. he probably told you to keep an eye on the situation. also,


you did not mention how much time elapsed between the two


diagnoses. this is a progressive condition that could have simply


progressed.


to keep any lawauit from being just another suit over nothing you


would need to be able to prove he knew the condition was worse


than he stated and that he diliberately lied to you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment