Friday, February 12, 2010

My ex wife's boyfriend has been feeding false information to my kids. Is there any legal action I can take?

He tells my daughter her last name will change to his when he marries my ex which is not true.My ex wife's boyfriend has been feeding false information to my kids. Is there any legal action I can take?
Your question being, can you take legal action against some who lies to your daughter? Say something playful - ';what is he nuts - no way, I love you too much for that to ever happen!';





Well, I doubt it because if that were possible we would all be in court. Children are vulnerable but they are most impressed by their parents and all you need to do is reassure them that ';no such thing will happen'; - then drop it because if they see you react to such notions it will only stir up anxiety into their mental well being and I am sure that is not your intention.





They are not old enough to interpret the law and need to concentrate on being kids. Tell the your ex to tell her boyfriend to grow up and stop causing the kids to worry if he really cares about her!My ex wife's boyfriend has been feeding false information to my kids. Is there any legal action I can take?
You know it is not true. Just tell the daughter that is not going to happen. Then when it does not happen, the step parent will look like an idiot and the kid will know that they are all BS. This guy is short a few cards from a full deck.
Look it up on the net then print out the desired information on last names, explain it to your daughter and then have her take the print outs to the boyfriend. That should help your daughter to realize your telling the truth and the boyfriend will have to stop being a so and so.
I don't think there is any legal action you can take nor do I think it's necessary. Just assure them that it isn't true. If they're old enough to understand beyond that tell them the boyfriend would have to have your permission to change their names and you would never allow that.
Children are smart..they know more than you realize..speaking truth to her is your best parenting possible..those who lie to children are very unwise parents. You have the power to control this situation and please put this person in their place.
Your ex would not be able to legally change your daughters last name unless YOU, as her father, gave permission for this to be done. Save your money for bigger court battles and make sure to correct your daughter.
Not much you can do about that except try to explain to your daughter the truth. The more she knows about the truth the less she will believe this guy about anything
Tell the ex-wife if it keeps up you will go back to court for change of visitation. Tell them both in no uncertain terms to STOP the games with the kid......

No comments:

Post a Comment