Monday, February 8, 2010

Need to address some false information going around?

You do not have to be an American citizen to join the U.S. military. I've seen a lot of false information passed around here saying that you must be an American citizen. You must be a legal resident and have a green card to join. This is a fact. I serve with people from Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, Spain, Canada, and Scotland and none have citizenship.Need to address some false information going around?
finally someone else who realizes that!


good question errr... statement :]








EllaNeed to address some false information going around?
Yep. I keep seeing people answering with statements that you have to be an American Citizen to join.


If that were true then I wouldnt have served with many of the people I served with.


Joining the military as a non-citizen helps in the process of becoming a citizen though with the Military Naturalization (I have it downloaded to my computer)
where's the question ?
I have only stressed that you need to be an American citizen to accept a commission as an officer from the President. That is true.
do you go around asking guys if they are citizens? i have never asked another marine about is citizenship, i expect that question would be answered with a broken noes



I am surprised that the military doesn't make this known. They are always trying to recruit,you think they would make it known.
i read on some pages that u must be an american citizen to join. but idk. by the way thanks for ur answer. it was the best one. thats what i was kinda hoping ppl would answer. u told me to email u if i had other questions...can i get ur email pls. i have alot...

No comments:

Post a Comment