Monday, February 8, 2010

Can I sue a dealership for giving false information?

I went to purchase a car from Alan Vester in Henderson, NC a week ago. I was told that if I traded in my Grand Cherokee for a 2007 Suzuki Forenza Hatchback that I would no longer have as much negative equity. I was about 5000 dollars in the hole. After having trouble believing the, they brought out 2 sales people and the finance guy to convince me. I told them I would sign the document only if I can trade it on 6 month. They said it would give me a chance to build my credit and purchase what I want later and would not have any problem . Based on that information, I agreed to trade my car in. I gave them 2000 dollars down , only later to find out that I am about 10,000 dollars in the hold. My roommate witness the whole transaction and now I am stuck with a car I absolutely hate. Can I sue them for lying and misleading me to believe one thing when it is not the case.Can I sue a dealership for giving false information?
Signing a contract without reading it was your downfall and not the dealer's fault. You wanted that car and were willing to do anything to get it, and the dealer knew that, so he played his hand and you took it, it's a done deal now. You can call Dealer Services through your DMV and file a complaint, but the bottom line is it was your fault, not theirs.Can I sue a dealership for giving false information?
You can sue anyone for anything you want, but that doesn't mean you will win. In this case it would be their word against yours, and usinf common sense a Judge would know that nobody could predict the future, its like saying a house will go up in value $10,000 5 yrs later, it might but nobody will guarantee you that. You should always get everything in writing, this would be placed on the ';WE OWE';.





Besides should I sue a customer everytime they say ';I'LL BE BACK'; and they never come back?





Good Luck, And let the buyer beware.





10 yrs in the biz
sounds like a bait and switch but heres the deal....you went in UNINFORMED about YOUR situation....the reality of it is - you signed a contract....didnt read the fine print and it seems like you didnt realize the true terms. You didnt say how long ago this was (timeframe) but I am guessing that you might be stuck with it. You could always have a free consultation with a business attorney to see what his/her thoughts are - but you might be stuck.
Well, I live in NC and will NEVER go to them! Thanks for the info! As for sueing, it may cost you more for lawyers and everything, but contact the Better Business Bureau, and file a complaint. I'm sorry you had to deal with this. Next time, go with your gut!
This is why you should read things before signing and DON'T take things VERBALLY, I don't care HOW many salespeople come out and vouch for the ';facts';. It's a FEDERAL law that you HAVE to be shown full disclosures BEFORE you sign. If you signed, you agreed that you read everything BEFORE you signed.





You're S.O.L., dude.
I think you made a mistake. You must be very careful to read all documents when you sign and do that math. What they simply did was roll your negative equity into your new loan and sell you another car. So your total negative equity is half of your new loan and half of your old loan. I think you need to wait this one out at this point. Make additional principle payments to try to get the balance of the loan as far down as possible to avoid interest. Be careful next time. Generally, when they bring out three finance people to ';advise'; you, you're in trouble.
when you 'bought' the new car, prior to signing the documents, it said all of this.


Why did you sign it? (rhetorrically asked)


You have no grounds for anything, if the documents show you signed documents to the effect of the negative $10,000 approx equity.
Hi,





Because you had your friend with you and he can verify what they told you then you may have a good claim against them on the grounds that they are guilty of fraud by omission of the facts.





Considering the amount of debt that you have gotten yourself into a couple of hundred to get the advice of a Solicitor seems worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment