Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I approach a fellow student who gave me false or erroneous information?

Last week I did not attend a class in college (was feeling a bit sick). Later, I contacted all of my fellow students to see if we had homework. The first one to answer - an extremely competitive, often argumentative student - gave me information which proved to be wrong. Do I confront this person or make believe it never happened?How do I approach a fellow student who gave me false or erroneous information?
Just say, ';hey, I looked up/asked someone else about the info you gave me and it was a little off';.





This way if it was an accident or a miscommunication, you're giving them the benefit of the doubt without accusing them.





If they have a snotty answer or laugh, then do whatever you would normally do whenever a person seems like they're being malicious.





If your grades suffered as a result, I would try to talk with the professor.





Regardless, see if you can't ask someone else in th future, this guy seem unreliable at best.How do I approach a fellow student who gave me false or erroneous information?
You shouldn't concern yourself with the actions of others. You now know that you shouldn't ask that person questions when it comes to classroom assignments. Obviously if you had a homework assignment and he told you that you did not he knows he lied about it and he knows that you know he lied about it when the teacher told you to hand it in so there is really no need to confront him about it. I just feel sorry for anyone that has to push people down to get ahead.
I would personally confront this person in a very grown up and mature manner to let them know that the information they gave you was incorrect. That you are only letting them know so they won't make that same mistake again and you felt compelled to correct them. :)





Maturely correcting them kind of rains on their egotistical parade a bit. :)
I would, ask why they gave you that info. I would also talk to the instructors that are pertaining, class wise, plead your case. Always, if sick, contact your instructors for the info needed for the material you have missed.
Put on a hat and mask. Sneak up behind him and kick him in the balls. It is hard from behind, but very possible.





Another idea: When you are turning in homework, tests, or something, get ahold of his paper and write ';I love men'; on the top.
Just pretend it never happened, and remember next time not to trust extremely competitve, argumentative students.
That the problem with copying off the first person you find.





Are you sure it was deliberate
Just let it go and don't ask him again.
I would knock his stupid head off

No comments:

Post a Comment