Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can I sue my local police department for providing false information?

If false information was provided to me by a police dispatcher and resulted in a police not being sent out to obtain an accident report after I was hit and injured, would this be substantial grounds to sue my local police department? What happened was I was hit by an apparent drunk driver and when I called the police to obtain an accident report, the dispatcher wouldn't send one out. She told me unless my injuries were serious enough to the effect that I needed an ambulance a police would not be sent out. I told her that this was untrue (I know because I had previously called for a police officer to come out after someone backed into my car and no one was injured) and she told me it has been this way for the past few years. Because of her false information I am unable to obtain an accident report and a drunk driver continues to roam the streets. Can I sue?Can I sue my local police department for providing false information?
I'd sue the drunk driver. A lot of times, if there aren't serious injuries, they don't come out unless you specifically say that you want one there because he was drunk.





I hope your injuries have healed and you're not still hurting.Can I sue my local police department for providing false information?
You can still file a police report. Just go to the local department office (or Headquarters) and do so. If they tell you you can't, ask to speak to the Shift Commander or Watch Commander...explain your situation.





If you're still not satisfied, file a complaint with the Internal Affairs division within the department.
You can always sue for just about anything. What's the purpose of this lawsuit? Do you want to make a statement? The dispatcher determined an officer was not necessary. I suggest dropping the issue altogether.
Someone forgot to take their meds today.
there is a statute of limitations when it comes to accident reports. Rule of thumb is ussually two years but it differs from state to state. Another rule of thumb amongst most lawyers i work with is no matter if you feel hurt or not, always and i mean always call 911 and tell them you've been hurt in an accident, because if you don't you give up a lot of your rights for recourse of action. So yes you may have some things to go on for a lawsuit.
U Know what this is just to answer the Kyle_Pres guy: I know for ah fact thet their is more then ah 2 yr limit, i also know the facts as ah victim of Laywers,Judges,Pig reports, et my '90' case with the one %26amp; onle JASON ALLEN VOIGHT the New York trigger man%26amp; the United States KILLER. for all i know u r one of the asses in thet case. u want to tell me why JASON CAN KILL AND GO PARTY WITH THE PIGS AFTER HE KILLS? LUVNHUGZ1@yahoo.com HEY:mrg5150 I can't do thet in MICHIGAN either, do u know how meny people i have tried to talk to, most are part of thet integral ****, MONROE,MICHIGAN IS ONE OF THEIR HOMES FOR THE CRIMES. I HAVE BLOGGED OVER AH THOUSAND PIECES OF EVIDENCE AGAINST THE STATE(S). VOIGHT is still running the streets, the enforcement hasn't done anything to or about him as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment